Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Holiday Meal Menu...

Have you ever made a menu? I'm not talking about you deciding what's for dinner but an actual menu. Have you? Every year, especially Halloween I make a Holiday Menu, this not only gives my kids the chance to see what is in store for them but the neighbors as well. See, two years ago I moved to my little street and around Halloween everyone heard I ate brains and puss and kitty litter. No, I don't eat that! Not really anways, but those were the names I placed on the meals I served the kids on Halloween. I know you're thinking that's disgusting but what is that holiday? It's suppose to be fun, scary, gross and disgusting!

Okay, all you need to do is think that for Halloween and make a holiday menu. What will you serve up for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Can you think of some strange names that'll make your kids howl or laugh up a storm?


My Halloween Menu for 2005
Breakfast:
Brains & Puss

Lunch:
Eyeballs & squiggly worms
or
cooked cow & maggots

Dinner:
Worms in Blood Sauce

Dessert:
Turds in Kitty Litter

Yes, I know how this sounds but it is all fun and games, nothing is really disgusting but the names. The reality is:

Breakfast, we have scrambled eggs with a drop of red food coloring to make it look like brains. The puss is only oatmeal. For lunch we might have hamburger meat and rice, oh and of course it's colored a light yellow. Dinner is spaghetti and sauce and for dessert well I can't give you the family recipe but it is a candy (not poop) on top of grape nuts cereal. So, do you think you can make your own Halloween Menu? If you can send me the link and I'll post it here, or just drop it by in the comments section.

I can't wait to see what you scare up. Oh and once we get closer to Halloween I'll post this years Menu. :)

0 comments: